Wouldn't you rather have a beautiful meadow instead of a grass and weeds that you have to waste time mowing?
Look at what was done to this yard at maya made
Each time I mow, it's just taking time away from things that I actually care about. I also feel like I am going to have a stroke 20 minutes in.
Just imagine what it would look like if people did this with most of their yard space instead of dull manicured lawns. Each one would be more beautiful than the next! We'd always have bouquets on our tables. There would be plenty of places for creepy critters to live in.
Social conformity is really the only reason not to do this...
and I do hate social conformity.
2 comments:
That is lovely. I am a bit more partial to the use of space for food growing instead of flowers, but there is a bit longer of a growing season out here.
I just wish that I could convince my landlady to let me tear up all the grass in our yard. Sigh.
yah-huh!
Some of our yard is pretty shady--there I'm dreaming of a little woodland garden. The rest--there are so many possibilities, we'll just have to live in it for a while.
I wonder how much meadow it takes to sustain a few rabbits?
Post a Comment